Our Hot Air Ballooning Passenger Guide will help you prepare for your hot air balloon flight. Please read below to learn what to wear, bring, and expect from your experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A confirmation email once your flight is scheduled
- A call from your pilot prior to the flight with a weather briefing
- Flexible rescheduling if weather conditions are unfavorable
- Flights range from the surface to 3,000 feet or more
- Fear of heights? A gentle sensation of floating relaxes the potential fear of heights
- The temperature aloft is similar to that on the ground
- Your pilot and crew will take pictures of your flight
- A fantastic experience everyone should have at least once in their lives!
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Dress for the weather and as if you will be hiking in a pasture (chances are we may end up landing in one!)
- Jeans with sneakers or boots are recommended – sandals and open-toed shoes are not permitted
- In cold weather, wear multiple layers of clothing or a windbreaker. Avoid wearing long jewelry, skirts or fine clothing
- Hats or ball caps are encouraged
- Small cameras are welcome
WHERE WE MEET:
- The pilot will be in touch with the exact meeting time and place at least one day prior to your flight. Please check your text and/or email prior to the flight meeting time or call 214-733-9915 with any questions.
- We generally fly in Allen, TX or McKinney, TX. One common meeting area is in the Market Street parking lot at 6100 W Eldorado Pkwy in McKinney, TX. (MAP) However, please confirm prior to your flight.
- What we fly over depends on the wind direction. Our usual route is over the countryside or neighborhoods in McKinney, TX and surrounding areas.
WHEN WE MEET:
Meeting times vary by season and are 1/2 hour before sunrise and 2 1/2 hours before sunset. See below for standard meeting times:
- January: 7:00 am | 3:00 pm
- February: 6:45 am | 3:30 pm
- March: 6:45 am | 5:00 pm
- April: 6:30 am | 5:30 pm
- May: 6:00 am | 6:00 pm
- June: 6:00 am | no sunset flights due to heat
- July: 6:00 am | no sunset flights due to heat
- August: 6:15 am | no sunset flights due to heat
- September: 6:30 am | 5:00 pm
- October: 7:00 am | 4:30 pm
- November: 6:30 am | 3:00 pm
- December: 7:00 am | 3:00 pm
Children age 8-12 and weighing under 100 lbs receive a discount for a hot air balloon flight for a total of $175 per child. Children 5 years of age and younger are discouraged from flying because they are usually afraid of the noise the burners produce.
Please allow as much advanced notice as possible if you need to cancel your ride. Rohr Balloons reserves the right to charge a $100 per person fee for cancellations with less than 72 hours notice or failure to show for the scheduled ride. If your flight is cancelled due to weather, there is no charge and no commitment to reschedule. However, we are very flexible and will do our best to accommodate your rescheduling needs. Minimum of 3 passengers required for shared flight to occur.