Our Hot Air Ballooning Passenger Guide will help you prepare for your hot air balloon flight. Please read below to learn what to wear, bring, and expect from your experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A confirmation email once your flight is scheduled
- A flight status update sent via email prior to your flight. For morning flights, we will send an update email by 9:00PM. For evening flights, the email will be sent prior to noon on the day of the flight. Please call or email if you need to discuss prior to receiving your update.
- Flexible rescheduling if weather conditions are unfavorable
- Flights range from the surface up to 3,000 feet
- Fear of heights? A gentle sensation of floating and stability relaxes the potential fear of heights
- The temperature aloft is similar to that on the ground
- Your pilot and crew will take pictures of your flight
- A professional and safe flight operation, providing proactive instructions as needed
- Expect a fantastic experience everyone should have at least once in their lives!
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Dress for the weather and be prepared to walk in grassy fields as the balloon generally launches and lands in grassy areas
- Stable footwear such as sneakers or similar is recommended – sandals and open-toed shoes are not permitted
- In cold weather, wear multiple layers of clothing or a windbreaker.
- Hats or ball caps are encouraged (but not mandatory) to help shield you from the sunlight and radiant heat from the burners
- Reasonably sized cameras are welcome
WHERE WE MEET:
- The confirmation email sent after scheduling outlines the specific meeting information. The default meeting site is Market Street Starbuck’s, 985 W. Bethany Dr, Allen, TX 75013. If any change in the meeting time or location is necessary, the pilot will be in touch with that information approximately one day prior to your flight. Please check your voicemail and/or email prior to the flight meeting time or call 214-733-9915 with any questions.
- The launch sites vary with wind direction. Therefore it is important to arrive at the meeting location on time so you do not have to try to track down the balloon at a launch site before the launch.
WHEN WE MEET:
Meeting times vary by season and time of sunrise and sunset. The meeting times are generally 1/2 hour before sunrise and 2 1/2 hours before sunset. This time may vary by 15-30 minutes depending upon the day of the month. Times to be confirmed prior to meeting. See below for approximate meeting times:
- January: 7:00 am | 3:00 pm
- February: 6:45 am | 3:30 pm
- March: 6:45 am | 5:00 pm
- April: 6:30 am | 5:30 pm
- May: 6:00 am | 6:00 pm
- June: 6:00 am | no sunset flights due to heat
- July: 6:00 am | no sunset flights due to heat
- August: 6:15 am | no sunset flights due to heat
- September: 6:30 am | 5:00 pm
- October: 7:00 am | 4:30 pm
- November: 6:30 am | 3:00 pm
- December: 7:00 am | 3:00 pm
Children age 6 -10 and weighing under 100 lbs receive a $50 discount for shared hot air balloon flights. Children 6 years of age and younger are discouraged from flying because of their attention span and that they are often afraid of the burner noise.
Please allow as much advanced notice as possible if you need to cancel your flight. Rohr Balloons reserves the right to charge a fee of $100 per passenger for cancellations with less than 72 hours notice. A full loss of the flight cost is applicable for failure to show for the scheduled flight with less than 12 hours notice. If your flight is cancelled due to weather, there is no charge assessed. However, we are very flexible and will do our best to accommodate your rescheduling needs. Minimum of 4 passengers total from various groups are required for shared flight to occur.